So Sick Of It All

Yes Sir, I do think I'm better than you. I peer at you through this plastered on smile as you run the race for the American Dream. Making endless circles from work and home, desperately trying to grab more crap to make you happy. At home the nanny feeds your 2.5 children their 90 second meals and hurries them along their smaller circular paths. Your wife injects her face with poisons, paints away any stress lines, and pines after the newest fashions, all to appear as something she is not. Yes Sir, you have achieved what everyone yearns for. You have the car, the home, the dog, and the job. What more could you want? The newest greatest slickest whatchamacallit is only a paycheck away. You have it all. You've bought into the very lie that was created for you. Send your children to their private schools, where they are taught and trained to buy, consume, and want. Yes Sir, I'll choose my life over yours any day of the year. Keep your suites, parties, and wealth. I'll keep my lie and you keep yours.

0 comments: