Remember This

Ten things to remember when I become a professor:

1. If students are quietly ignoring me, it's not my problem it's theirs.
2. They take time to prepare for the test. I need to take time
preparing for it.
3. Moving a test back isn't always a good thing for students. They
make plans based on the test dates.
4. Students have more than one class.
5. Just because the majority of scores are high doesn't mean the test
was too easy.
6. Books aren't cheap. Use the ones you assign and make it a short list.
7. Love what your teaching. If I stop loving it, it's time to get out.
8. Some students have to be there. Some want to be there. Teach to
those who want to be and forget about the others.
9. Remarks on papers and why you graded the way you did are always a
good thing.
10. The old students are suck ups. They really don't think your a
genious.


0 comments: