Gag

Going through my contact list on IM and come across one of my friend's statuses. He's apparently going to a pool party...wait what's this? He posted a link to a YouTube video. I'm thinking, "maybe someone made a video post to invite their friends," could be kind of cool. So I happily click away expecting something fairly creative. Nope.

He's made a slide show of photos of his new boyfriend. The reason he gets up in the morning or something like that. The video is set to some slow cheerful music about love or something along those lines. How long have they been dating? Umm two..no three...days.

I get love. I'm not nearly as cynical as I used to be. But less than a week? And a sideshow set to music? Does this scream middle school to anybody else? I also will give you the fact that you want to share your new found happiness with all your friends and acquaintances and random people on the web. It's actually kind of cute in a preteen summer love fling kind of way. (Random thought: how many such videos you think are on the Internet, or simply on YouTube alone?) But a 28 year old man...come on!

What we learned today:
1. Sideshows of your signif other should stop when you hit puberty.
2. Wait a few weeks before declaring your undying love for someone.
3. A video invitation would be a cool idea.
4. I'm not above ridiculing my friend's immature declaration of love on-line.

0 comments: