Don't Mind That Sound, It's Just My Kid

Oh my God!!! I walked into work today and was welcomed by a horde of children climbing all over the place, screaming their heads off. And no, I don't work at a restaurant with a giant mouse mascot walking around serving pizza.

Apparently parents in Mexico go by the whole, "I'll just ignore my screaming child and he/she will realize that making wild, piercing noises, that can make a brain explode, won't get my attention" philosophy. Seriously, I was unaware that the human vocal cords could make such horrific sounds. I've never been more in favor of beating children.

You know when you leave a rock concert and your ears won't stop ringing? They say that the particular tone you hear, that constant hum, you won't ever hear again. I thought this was complete rubbish before today. There is no other way to explain the parent's complete ability to ignore their devil children for so long. Their brain simply must not register that sound anymore.

It is fairly well know; children and I don't go together well. Once they have their own personalities I'm good, but before then I can't do much more than stare at them as they wait for me to perform a trick or something. These kids today though were something completely different. The movie Children of Men seems like a good idea now. They had the whole store scrambling for ear plugs. For more than thirty minutes they cleared the building of any hearing customers.

0 comments: