New Reader

The regular readers of my blog may have noticed something a little off the last few weeks. The few posts that I have managed to put up have been considerably shorter and what could only be described as a little off. I'm quite aware of the shift in my writing. I don't think the last two had a single curse word in them or any hint at violence. No, I'm not on any mood stabilizing miracle drug, I haven't started seeing a shrink who has suggested I cool it. The simple answer is my mom reads my blog.

"I've noticed your writing has gotten better. Your spelling has improved drastically, but fairy is spelled f-a-i-r-y not f-a-r-i-y. Write a less...umm... angry post and I'll let so and so know about it." hmmm busted. Actually this would only be a problem if my mom wasn't freaking awesome and cared about shit like that. It has effected my last few blogs. Little more hesitant to write about how f-ed up people are when you know your mother is going to be reading all those four letter words and mean remarks about how stupid your roommates can be. Love ya ma!

I got the, 'you know anybody can read what you post online' lecture and got reminded potential employers can read my blog. Honestly I hope a potential employer does read my blog and hires me. Yes anyone can read my blog, there isn't a password on it, and yes some of the things I say can be a little...rough?. If what I say gets anyone upset just remember I mean it all in great sincerity and honesty. If it hurts your feelings you probably need new ones anyways. I'm not writing the family's Christmas letter or a formal letter of business. It's a freaking blog.

0 comments: