Fired?!? Really, I'm Shocked.

I was at a friends house the other day in Houston. His roommate had
recently lost his job and everyone was kin of bummed, talkin about it.
I was a little hesitant but asked what happened. Cometo find out he
missed work one day, skipped a on-call shift, and a few other things.
"Wait, you didn't go to work a few times and now your surprised you
don't have a job. AND everyone feels sorry for you?" What's wrong with
this picture. I've never just not showed up for work. Never skipped a
shift I was assigned. I don't understand how people do that sort of
thing. "Hmm I don't feel like going into work today, I'll just sleep."
To top it off everyone else was shocked, and offering the "that really
sucks man" comfort. No it doesn't suck. That's exactly how the world
does and should work. What sucks is when you lose your job for no
reason or for something that is totally out of your control. Not for
being a sucky worker and employee.


Sent from my iPhone

0 comments: