Teddy Bear Picnic

Tonight at work I heard a song that reminded me of a CD I used to listen to as a kid. It was a lullaby compilation with a bunch of different songs on it. I really don't remember the whole CD and not really sure why the Christmas song reminded me of it but, something about the song made me think of "Teddy Bear Picnic". Sure some of you have heard the song, bunch of teddy bears go out into the woods and have a picnic in the middle of the night. Something about the song always gave me the willies. It just disturbed me when I was a kid and still rubs me the wrong way. Not specifically the lyrics I think. Although the idea that teddy bears get together while their owners sleep and go out into the woods at night has a scary cult like ring to it. Actually the slow pace and tune is what gets to me. Really listen to the tune, something just ain't right. This new song had the same slow lullaby melody to it. Can't stand that song still. *shiver*

1 comments:

TJ said...

Actually....I think it was in kindergarten, not a CD. And I agree, a teddy bear picnic is a bit unsettling for little guys with huge imaginations! lol