ME, I, Not You

I admit, I'm pretty full of myself. I mean I think I'm rather special. I deeply hope however that if I ever turn into one of those people that is all about themselves that one of my friends will hit me upside the head and tell me to cut it out.

I have a friend, well I'm not to sure they are that much of a "friend", that turns every freaking conversation into something about themselves. "and as my plane was going down over the Atlantic ocean--" " I really hate flying. Everytime I get on a plane I get all sick. Me Me Me I I I" It drives ME crazy. Just want to turn to them and ask if everything really has to be about them. I'm probably overly sensitive about this whole thing. I know everyone wants to share some story or part of their life. And I get that not everyone cares to hear about my life or my story. I truly get it. But sometimes I want to be able to say something without having to listen to them go on about their freaking puppy for two hours. I swear, if I get into one of the schools I want to get into, within 10 seconds of telling this certain someone my great news, I'll have to listen to how they lost their favorite pair of socks at some crazy party the night before.

0 comments: