We're Walking and Walking and Walking and....

Omg what a freaking long day. I drove to the park to do some running/walking. I know I can walk anywhere really I want to and don't need to drive somewhere, but the park is so nice and that way I usually don't have to worry about getting hit by cars, usually. Today however this was not the case. After running in circles for about an hour, covering around three miles I think, I tried to get back into my car with the key I had put in my shoe. Well come to find out, the wonderful people who engineered the Cadillac thought it would be a good idea to have a key that starts the car and an entirely different key that opens the car. How was I supposed to know this? Every other time I just use the little clicker and unlock the door with magic. Well since the key that I needed was locked in the car, along with my cell phone and wallet, I started walking...some more. I remember as a kid (I know not very long ago) there were pay phones everywhere. Those days however seem to have been killed with the rise of the cell phone. After walking about a mile I find a gas station with a pay phone, call home and... no one answers :( I try a few more times before deciding there is no telling when someone will be home and I better start walking my ass home. Long story short, kind of, I dodge cars, walk where there should be but isn't a sidewalk, and get honked at a few times before reaching someone at home on a different pay phone. In all I think I walked about 8 miles today and learned a very valuable lesson. The current move away from American made cars is most likely due to the fact they make too many f--king keys for their cars and can't simplify like the foreigners, an important lesson if I do say so. But... I got a nice tan going and plenty of exercise today so its not all bad I guess.

0 comments: