Sofa

I moved into my new place a few weeks ago. It's tinny, like ten steps to the other side tiny. I'm getting ready to move to a big city where rent is expensive and I only can afford 500 square feet. One room. Notice I said one room, not one bedroom. I love it. Problem is finding a sofa small enough to fit in the tiny studio apartment without having to crawl over it to get from the door to the kitchen. I found a few options, but none are real comfy. Then today midway through the second movie I was watching, ironically enough about design, I realized something. I'd been sitting on the floor for the last three hours rather comfortably. Actually I spend a whole lot of time sitting on the floor. My friends back home used to make fun of me for the exact same reason. This isn't to say that I'm not going to buy a sofa. I need one to make my place look a little more finished. However, the floor isn't the softest place to sit and I'm quite at home sitting on it. Maybe I'd be better off with a firm, classy, sofa that fits my place, opposed to a big fluffy sofa.

0 comments: