The Only Pride Post

Ok, Pride month is almost officially over. In my circle it's not really that big of a deal. Half my friends are breeder, that's what we call you guys, and the other half couldn't care less about the whole ordeal. So with that said, the closest I got to any kind of Pride event thingy was driving down a street in Houston, in Montrose (the gay district), and seeing people linning up for a parade. And in that moment, playing the "B or G" game, I realized I really don't like our flag. A rainbow? Really? There's so many other options, why a rainbow? I know the history behind it, I've done my homework, and passed the membership test. Can't we come up with something that has a little more umph behind it? How about a lambda? Greek Spartans used it for "unity" and Romans saw it as saying "the light of knowledge shining into the darkness of ignorance." See, so much better than the sissy rainbow.

Soooooo hope everyone had a fun, happy, safe month. Stonewall was forty years ago today, fyi. Come a long way in that time. Tomorrow the White House is supposed to open its doors to a few leaders in the community. Maybe they'll get an explanation for the horrific defense of the DOMA released a few weeks ago that compared gay marriage to incest and pedophilia. Maybe? "Fierce advocate"...Anyone?

0 comments: