Whisper

You ever cross a busy street and a car stops to let you get across. In a gesture of thanks, "thanks for not denting you hood with my upper body and sending my shoes flying through the air," you stick your hand up, send them a little wave, and quietly say "thanks". Not like they can hear you say thank you. I usually say it so quiet that I can barely hear myself. You don't want to scream "Thank You!" at them because then everyone will think your freaking crazy. But it's more than just mouthing it. There's actual sound coming out. Why the hell do I do that. For now on they just get a little wave and smile. "Thank you for not hitting me with your giant truck, it would really ruin both our days if you hit me."

1 comments:

TJ said...

You do it because people can read lips. A small gesture of gratitude is never wasted!